Thoroughly updated to cover world affairs through 2012, International Relations is praised for being the... more
Thoroughly updated to cover world affairs through 2012, International Relations is praised for being the most current and comprehensive introduction to international relations theory as well as security, economic, and global issues.
From war and trade to human rights and the environment, this survey explores relations among states and the influence of transnational actors and events. Applying a broad range of theoretical perspectives to show students how to analyze current events, International Relations offers the best tools for understanding what is happening in the world today.
Teaching and Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning: MyPoliSciLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Explore Concepts and Current Events: Drawing on recent political events from Europe’s sovereign debt crisis to the U.S. withdrawal from Iraq, this text provides a balanced survey of security, economic, and transnational issues and covers a diverse range of theoretical perspectives.
- Improve Critical Thinking: "Seeking the Collective Good," "Policy Perspectives," and "Let’s Debate the Issue" boxes helps students apply international relations theory to current world problems.
- Engage Students: A four-color design and numerous figures, maps, and photos offer a current and lively reading experience.
- Emphasize Learning Outcomes: In MyPoliSciLab, study plans based on book-specific learning objectives give students follow-up reading, video, and multimedia activities for further practice.
- Instructor Support: An instructor’s manual, test bank, and PowerPoint presentation provide more teaching resources. In MyPoliSciLab, ClassPrep collects class presentation resources in one convenient online destination.