Intended for use in a beginning web design or web development course
The Basics of Web Design: HTML5 & CSS3, 2e takes a unique approach to prepare students to design web pages that work today in addition to being ready to take advantage of HTML5 coding techniques of the future. The text covers the basic concepts that web designers need to develop their skills:
- Introductory Internet and Web concepts
- Creating web pages with HTML5
- Configuring text, color, and page layout with Cascading Style Sheets
- Configuring images and multimedia on web pages
- Web design best practices
- Accessibility, usability, and search engine optimization considerations
- Obtaining a domain name and web host
- Publishing to the Web
Teaching and Learning Experience
To provide a better teaching and learning experience, for both instructors and students, this program will:
- Apply Theory and/or Research: A well-rounded foundation of hard and soft skills will help students as they pursue careers as web professionals.
- Engage Students: Hands-on practice exercises and a running case study offer real-world perspective, and keep students interested in the material.
- Support Instructors and Students: Student files for web page Hands-on Practice exercises and the case study are available on the companion website.